There can often be problems faced with vape pens for any number of reasons. Whilst it might not be the sign of a faulty vape pen unless it's brand new, it can be frustrating to experience.
Whether you're a vape beginner or you've been vaping for a while and suddenly found that your vape pen isn't working, this guide should help you fix these vape issues!
5 Common Vape Pen Issues
There are usually a number of problems that can occur when it comes to your vape pen. Identifying the issue will help to resolve the problem quickly. What common vape pen problems may occur?
1. Problem: Battery doesn’t Charge
You've plugged in your vape pen to charge but the vape pen battery isn't charging as it should be. This can be distressing, especially when it means you can't activate the pen without a proper charge.
Whilst there are a number of reasons why it might not be charging properly, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot this problem.
- Make sure the pin is clean and that there's contact with the vape battery itself.
- With any pins that are wet or dirty, be sure to clean them with a dry tissue to improve contact.
- Check that the pin hasn't been pushed down too far, otherwise, this could be the reason why the vape pen batteries don't work.
- Use a pin tool to lift up the pin so that it can connect properly with the battery.
2. Problem: My vape pen is not working
There can be the odd occasion where your vape pen just stops working and whilst this isn't something that often happens, it may be worth troubleshooting the below solutions to figure out what is possibly wrong with the vape pen.
We've put together a step-by-step checklist on what could be causing this fault when it comes to your vape pens.
- The contact on the cartridge might not be connecting properly to the vape batteries. The vape cartridge contact may be pushed too far and so it's best to pull the contact up using your fingernail or a paper clip should work just as well.
- Take a look at the battery contact. It might be that it's become clogged and therefore it's not connecting to the vape cartridges. A q-tip soaked with rubbing alcohol can be helpful in unclogging any dirt or debris.
- Check the battery is on and it's fully charged. This might be the reason why it's not working properly. For pull to draw batteries, these will always be on. Any with a button will turn on when pressing the button in quick succession five times.
If none of these solutions work, then it might be that there's a real fault with the vape pens and therefore it might be worth returning if you've not had it long. Of course, any device can end up being faulty whether that's issues with the heating element or the connection plate between battery and cartridge.
3. Problem: Burnt flavors
There's nothing enjoyable about tasting a burnt flavor when it comes to your vape device. Chances are if there's a burnt taste in your mouth, then there's something wrong with the vape's battery.
Burnt flavors would indicate an adjustment needs to be made with the temperature settings. Many of the box mod or vape mods will likely have temperature control functionalities. This means you can adjust according to the intensity of flavor and vapor production needed.
If it tastes burnt, it might be that the temperature is too high. Try reducing to a lower setting and see if this makes a difference. The push-button-style batteries for some of the box mods out there will provide a button that's multi-click functional.
For example, rapidly pushing the button five times will turn the device on, and pushing the button rapidly three times will likely vary between temperature levels.
4. Problem: Difficulty Inhaling
Having difficulty inhaling the vapor or perhaps there's a feeling that when you're drawing from the mouthpiece, it feels clogged? There are a couple of ways to fix this problem when it occurs.
Firstly, it's a good idea to remove the mouthpiece, blow into it, and have a cloth on the other side to catch anything that's clogged in it. You could also clean the mouthpiece in hot water to flush out anything that isn't possible to blow out of the mechanism.
5. Problem: E-fluid spill from the vape
Having any amount of e-liquid spilling out of the vape isn't a good sign. With vape pen troubleshooting, this is a problem that can often occur which results in the e-fluid spilling from the tank to the air flow directly. It's caused usually due to configuration defects but can also be user-led mistakes.
- Check the coil head and that's it's screwed in properly.
- Check you've used the right e-liquid for the vape pen in particular.
- Inspect the tank for any damage and don't overfill it.
- Avoid the vape pen from overheating.
Where is the best place to buy a new vape?
If you're looking for the best place to shop for high-quality vape products at affordable prices then you can stop searching and take a look at what the SmokyBox has to offer. We provide a range of top-quality vape products from well-known brands. Be sure to check out the range and take advantage of our free shipping for US orders over $50.
How do I know if my vape is broken?
If you've troubleshoot all the problems that could potentially be the cause of the vape pen, then it's likely that the vape is broken. With that being said, it's best to replace it or get a refund for a faulty pen.
How often should you buy a new vape?
Regardless of your vaping habits, it's worth replacing any coils at least once a month. Unless it's disposable, then you use it until the e-liquid has run out or the battery goes dead.